Excursion to Ouarzazate
Morning departure for Ait benhadou and Telouet Kasbahs day trip that takes you across the chain of the High Atlas mountains and over the famous Tizi-n-Tichka pass(2260 m). All along the road you can see the Berber villages scattered along the side of the mountains.
After the Tichka pass 2262m, we leave the main road and take a side road to the Telouet Kasbah, which belonged to the Pacha of the Atlas, the Glaoui, which stands in ruins after the last Pasha fled the country after the departure of the French.
From there you continue for lunch at Ait Ben Haddou along the newly asphalted road. The afternoon is spent exploring the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Ait Benhaddou, This is the most famous of all Moroccan kasbahs, largely due to its appearance in many Hollywood blockbusters. It was one of the most important fortress strongholds on the old Salt Road caravan routes, where traders brought slaves, gold, ivory and salt from sub-Saharan Africa to Marrakesh and beyond.
After lunch back to Marrakesh.
- Explore a scenic route, passing through the High Atlas via the collar Tichka located at 2260 m altitude.
• Visit the ancient Kasbah Talouet, located near a small Berber village.
• Cross an old caravan trail and arrive at the Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou.
• Discover the lifestyle of desert nomads.
• Lunch in a typical restaurant.